It was during our first days of engineering. Except for a few known faces, everybody else was new to us. I was least bothered to interact with others in class except for those superficial pleasantries and introductions. Looking at people in my class, I never thought I would make friends with any of them. Outside the class we hardly met people from other branches. The only place where we had some scope for interaction was the “BUS STOP”. Bus stop is one place where we get to know people who stay in and around your place. So everybody looks forward to interact with each other. On one of the days , I could catch up with some batch mates in the bus stop. One of them I met at the bus stand was Abhishek from H.P.S. I was quite happy that I could meet a guy from a decent school with similar likes and dislikes and a guy who could make good friends with me. He was the first guy I knew in the college outside my class. He was from computer science and I was from mechanical.At the first we had nothing much to talk except for some usual chitchat.
One of the most interesting things we could talk about was obviously the seniors. Most of the time in the bus, we would be day dreaming, sleeping or getting ragged by one of the seniors. Days passed by, both of us were on and off on our college bus. One fine day, there was this guy sitting next to us who was Abhishek's cousin Anand. Anand used to come by bike for the first month or so. Later he was forced to take the bus route by his parents. I was happy that I found two guys staying near my house.In no time,We had the first internal approaching and it was mathematics.
Rahul:” Hey why don’t we guys have a group study? Maybe we could score better”
Abhishek: “fine mama (commonly used to address friends in Hyderabad).Why don’t we do that in our house??”
Anand: “Chalo then we shall meet up today evening”
Rahul quickly added saying “Why don’t we also join a computer class? We will have something to do in the evenings”
I got a big yes from both of them. There was this guy from vizag who got close to us and was transferred to my college after about a month or so. He also wanted to join us for the computer class. He was ready to travel about 10 kms to our place every day in the bus for the computer class. I still think that things like this can happen only in engineering. Where...you would go any distance for your friends. All four of us were happy and we started going to the computer class.
About two days passed by and we had a lot to talk about…Be it teachers in our class….Be it those so called ITEM SAALLE (specimen) in class, college and the bus….Be it movies…or be it dirty jokes….. .Who would be interested in a computer class when you have so much to talk …so much to argue???.....Hyderabad had always places for that typical gossip…for that chitchat...for that masti…for that fun…..supplemented with some delicious food…..irani chai…..hyderabadi biryani (double masala jamm ke).People usually call them Hang outs..I prefer calling it “ADDA”…APUN KA ADDA.
On our route to the computer class, one bright red boarding always used to catch our eyes. Written on it with big bold letters was “CHENS….THE CHINESE EATING JOINT”. One day we decided to go and try that place out for some good food and more gossip in there.
This was one of our first and most loved ADDAS. It is located in a place called bowenpally in secunderabad. They serve some delicious Chinese food at affordable prices with good privacy to throw up all the “BAATHKAANI” (gossip in Hyderabad) there .We never went to the computer class after that day. From that day onwards, we met at Chens every day, had food at seven in the evening…..so that we had enough time to digest that food by dinner time at home. We never got bored of that place ….because it brings up all the beautiful memories we had during our first year of engineering. At that point of time, we never thought we would become best friends and cherish all these memories. I always feel friends like them happen and when they happen I would say just sit back and enjoy because there is no more YOU & ME …everything just becomes WE.
This was one of the many addas we had during our engineering days. I would love to share many more stories of ours in my upcoming blogs. Hope u people liked this blog of mine. I feel everybody has a story so similar to this…hope this blog of mine would bring back those cherished memories of yours which made u smile and laugh but also glower and cry making u realize that you would never get back those good ole days of your life.
Thank you for your time and please do give valuable feedback….. : D
HHmmm so that is your first adda.
ReplyDeleteInteresting that you bunked computer class! Can't imagine that the geek that I am. Maybe the classes sucked
dude.. damn nice entry to blogsphere. keep posting :)
ReplyDeletehey thanks bharat..i will keep posting and nice to see u r blog too..i will keep reading...:P
ReplyDelete